A business card is like a mini-billboard or flyer, treat it as such.
Since business cards are by far the cheapest marketing media to print, you can use them in creative ways for mass distribution.
Think of all the places you visited in the last week, now think of how many of these places you could have left a business card behind. You never know who going to pick-up your card and require your services.
Here are some examples of places you can leave your card:
- Bulletin Boards. You’ll find these all over the place. Placing your cards here will get you lots of exposure.
- Restaurants. Leave a few at the front counter when you pay.
- Banks. Leave them in the waiting area.
- Post office. Leave them at the counter where you fill out the forms
- Doctors, accountants, dentist, etc. Leave some cards with the reading materials.
If you ship products, throw a couple cards in the box when you ship it. People will hang on to these in case they want to reorder or hand them to their friends if they like your product.
Speaking of friends, it’s always a good idea to give your family and friends half and dozen cards each. You’ll find that most of the people you know will be happy to help you grow your business and will pass out your business card to people they know.
Remember, always keep a few business card on your person ... you’ll never know when you’ll need them.